February 27, 2011

The RÁTHFAICHE [Fort and Wood] commission : The installation

Last week the sun finally shone and we got  to install the mosaic element of this project .

 I'll just let the photos do the talking here .

fort and wood information plaque

fort and wood   view from the school












fort and wood pre installation


fort and wood installation  nearly finished






fort and wood pre grouting
 fort and wood  grouting
Final photo shows Joe at the grouting stage , unfortunately
my camera battery ran out so I'll be back to  take more photos .

Martin Curran is a genius Landscape Designer and it was a real pleasure and inspiration
to work with him on this project .

Each class will have their  time-capsules installed in the coming weeks and there will be an "official"
opening sometime soon thereafter.
My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.