June 7, 2010

The Bloom garden festival 2010

Well, it was never going to be as good as last year , seeing as my work wasn't in it this year,
but despite that and the fact that there were  fewer show gardens it was still  hugely inspiring.

Here's some of my highlights.






































This was my favourite, Anne Hamilton's 'Islands' ,the judges obviously
thought so too as this was a gold medal winner.








































I loved how natural the formal , structural planting looked in this garden,
"Patterns of change"  by Ronnie Nevin and the Landscape and garden design
 students from senior college Dun Laoghaire.








































I loved the planting in Jane McCorkell's 'The Rain Garden"








































and this seating in Deirdre Penders "Nementon"garden































Frazer McDonogh's "China Garden"



I got lots of ideas for my own garden,
and two bits of valuable advice from KHS landscaping ...
Danish oil is what makes this cedar look so well






































and this tree in their  " Californian Courtyard" garden is called
Cornus Kousa , and is so beautiful I have to have one too.


 This is all I saw of the "Urban Oasis garden "




























I thought it was a bit of a lost opportunity to hide this garden behind a huge slate wall ,the sweltering
midday heat and  the very long queue to walk through  it meant I never got to see it .



This GIY( grow your own ) Edible garden by Fiann Ó Nualláin had everything for sustainable gardening.




























I 'd like to think I could do something like this in my tiny back
garden ..( maybe minus the hens ) ( not quite sure what those big blue things are ?)








































I'm really sorry I can't find the name of these garden designers, I loved their idea of incorporating the
driftwood into the pebble path.






























This wasn't part of the festival  , A door way into the Phoneix Park  on our way out  .


I bought myself some lovely herbaceous perennials  for my very tiny  front garden ,
 As soon as I got home I planted them up in the lovely boxes Joe made during the week .



































































...all they need now is a little coating of danish oil .

on another note entirely ,
The story of a valiant young Spanish woman's  struggle with a big ball of Aran wool is  here.
You must check it out.
My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.