April 22, 2010

A slightly animated invisible wardrobe

Gawney,  
My wardrobe is getting a lot of virtual vistors ,
{and me still in bed.!}  Thanks for all your lovely comments,
Please indulge me on yet another post on the matter.
I made this GIF to celebrate .......
gif maker


Post edit: is it normal for a GIF to disappear after a few days ??
if it's not here now , it must be !

.... my wardrobe being featured in Apartment Therapy yesterday, 
check it out here...( swit swoo Elaine Prunty from Drumcondra )

AND, I got a lovely mention here too

And another lovely mention here also
Photobucket
I was too shy to point out in the last post that the bed linen is all hand made by moi.
Pillow Fabric was once a scaft/sari I sourced in Barcelona and 
Duvet cover is fabric from my favourite shop , Murphy Sheehys


Amongst lots of other things, I also collect gilt mirrors, 
These ones are all market and auction finds .
There's another photo of my pre-blue bedroom with mirrors here 
Photobucket
And just to really make Flora really sick I upholstered the chair myself
too.
I am now resting.


Post edit : how could I forgot ..This shyness has really got to me....
The gilding of the bed was a DIY job too , but I had the wonderful tutorship and 
assistance of an amazing talented artist , Laura Freire, Laura ran off and left me 
to go and live in barcelona to study textiles , the story of the gilding is here 
See some of Lauras gorgeous work at her blog here....
Now, I really am resting .
My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.