March 23, 2010

Seven aesthetic themes to my work

The post that first attracted me to the genius artist Sandra Eterovic  is here .
I've followed  her ever since ,I love her work and her blog  .  


Sandra tagged me to reveal 7 things about me, I think i've bored you all stupid on that here 
but I loved Sandra's take on the theme here ,
Sandra shared 7 aesthetic themes that inspire her work ,  so I'm shamelessly 
following suit.  
  
To illustrate each theme here, 
firstly, there's a  collage of photos from my  home and/or  work in preparation ,
and thats followed by 4 examples of the theme in my work .  
   
1:  FLOWERS, FLOWERS AND MORE FLOWERS ...
Aesthetic Themes :  Flowers




 j'adore flowers
aesthetic theme 1 Flowers in my work

2 FOLK ART/ HANDCRAFTED/EMBRODIERY/ ( is there a catch all phrase to include all 3 )



Photobucket
( and look at all those flowers too...)
Aesthetic theme 7  Embrodiery/Folk art


3 : GEOMETRY
Aesthetic Themes :  Geometry
aesthetic theme 2 Geometry

4: METALLICS
Aesthetic Themes :  Metallics


Aesthetic theme 4 Metallics/Irisdescence



5 BLACK ( particularly as a background/blackground colour) 
Aesthetic Themes :  Black as a  background


Aesthetic theme 3 Black as a background


6 MIRROR/REFLECTIVE
Aesthetic Themes : Mirror /Reflective

[ N.B. spot the monkey ]



Aesthetic theme 5 Mirrored

7 COLOUR, Colour and more colour
Aesthetic Themes : Colours
Aesthetic theme 6 Colours
















 The themes overlap quite a lot,
This was an interesting excercise for me...
I must go now to work on my latest masterpiece ..
Something really colourful shiny and sparkly with lots of handcrafted  flowers  
on a black background with lots of geometric pattern...

 I'm supposed to tag seven others but instead , I'd like to just tag YOU. 

 What inspires you?  


My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.