August 10, 2009

Side-project: Gilding the bed : Part 2

Another deadline recently met was to finish gilding the bed




















Above photo shows the stage we'd got to ,
Half done ,Half to do .

The to-do list .....

the Headboard,













Mending filling and sanding ......























.....preparing ( recognise the chair? )























and gilding


the Side-bars needed extending
















and gilding


















and then we were ready for the final step .
a final coat of judean bitumen to give it an aged look.






















In the above photo the bitumen has been applied to the post only ,
and the difference is very apparent and very wonderful























The finished head board drying in the sun

I'm going to do a Part 3 to this post as there's
still quite a bit I want to do before its
finally 'dressed' .


The main reason for the deadline on this project
was because Laura Freire the Gilder extraordinaire
and all round fantastically talented genius is only
going and leaving me and Ireland and is heading
off to live and study in Barcelona .

Thanks so much Laura , I'm dying to find out how your
getting on......





































My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.