August 26, 2009

Sculpture in context : Part 3 : The seven year old tree

Today [ Tuesday] was one of those days in the studio where
everything that could go wrong, DID ....

Before I go off and cry my eyes out ,bandage my wounds
and worry incessantly about wheter or not the decisions
I've made are the right ones I'm going to do my blog for tomorrow
and post a few work in progress photos from the last 2 weeks....


















Sewing the mesh is just about the only "ladylike" aspect to this work





















Some tools of the trade, this arrangement might give you
an impression that all is very organised and ordered.



I don't want to give too much away before the
big reveal .....so these photos are just a little taster
of what's been going on in the studio























































I will save the horror of everything that went wrong today,
for another day....





















Thursday is the big day for me. We install the piece.
The exhibition opens on 2nd September .


My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.