May 27, 2009

Bloom Garden Project : Update no. 3

The Bloom garden festival officially opens tomorrow at 11 o'clock.
The judging is this morning.

I'll be doing a big reveal on Friday of my work in situ , but here's
some progress photos till then.












Mosaic pizza anyone ?


























Grouting is the dirtiest part of this job and the more I do it ,
the more I hate it. But it has to be done.
It's the imago stage of a mosaic project ie.
the final and perfect stage of it's metamorphosis .














So, off we go on our little journey to the phoenix
park























Suited and Booted



















Clunk-Click every trip !



We get to the phoenix park via the Aras ( the des res for the pres)

We take the indicated turns and tell the 'gotchy' of our delivery
and installation intentions ,he tells us to drive straight into
the show garden area and its "straight up and on your right "



Suddenly I'm overwhelmed.....
I've just spent the last 4 weeks working on a piece for an 'imaginary' wall
and now here it is in full three-dimensional life form....right before my very eyes !



.....this is what I see .




















There is so much activity going on all around, People are
working so hard and there is such a camaraderie and friendliness ,
It feels really great to be a part of it.

















There's a lot of muscle going on ,
This was last Sunday, the absolute sunniest day of the year so far.
It felt really Mediterranean .



















We tentatively put in the first one.. only 14 left .....

















Joe: Man at work

















Now there's only 8 left to do ...

















Missing garden designer mysteriously appears through
gaping hole in wall!!!!

















Nearly there,

















All wrapped up and protected for the final coat of plastering
and painting.

It has been such a pleasure and a joy to work with garden
designer Gary Foran on this project ,
A more calm, encouraging, dedicated, not to mention,
really talented garden designer, I've yet to meet.
My fingers are crossed for him this morning ,

He's already won the gold as far as I'm concerned.
My photo
Dublin, Ireland
I am a Glass Artist, Surface-decorator, Designer, Sculptor and maker of all sorts of other things. This blog is where I document my work in progress
©
All images are property of Elaine Prunty aka Jaboopee
All my work is original , and unless otherwise stated
all the images are taken by me.
If asked, I will be happy to permit use of my images ,
provided full accreditation is given.